Friday, May 23, 2014

Time is Flying (week 70)


I loved your emails this week as always and it was crazy to see how torn up the house is… it’s nuts.  I’m glad to hear that everyone is doing well back home that always makes me so happy. Mom you are so right our family is just the best.  

Well as for my week it was a little crazy. Tuesday we had concilio and it was awesome. I seriously love that conference so much. I can always feel the spirit just so strong when my president of the mission is teaching us and when his wife is teaching us.  It’s the best. They are just soo great and you can just feel how much they care about us and the mission. I learned a lot in that conference. Right now the mission is changing a lot. We are really cracking down on obedience on the little things. Obedience brings blessing but exact obedience brings miracles. We had our zone meeting this week as well. I was a little nervous at the beginning because the assistants, president and his wife were all there. Well I was a little nervous at first but then I said a small prayer that I wouldn’t be nervous and that I could help the missionaries in my zone to feel the spirit and to have more animo to work. Overall I think that the meeting went really well and it showed this week in our weekly stats. The greatest part of the week was a division that I had with one of our district leaders. His area is called Val Pariaso and its out in the mountains. It was freezing cold and raining. We hiked the freakin biggest mountain in the world to get to a small little village. I thought that I was in Mongolia and it was awesome. The best part though was finding a great investigator in a barber shop. We taught just a fantastic little lesson about prophets. The spirit was really strong and he wants us to go back to visit him. That was the best part of the day and it’s just too bad that I won’t ever be in that area again to see if he progresses. That was such a fun day and I really put my boots to work that day hiking up huge mountains haha. This Sunday our investigators who were going to get baptized this week didn’t go to church. She can still get baptized but we haven’t been able to meet with her this week. We are going to meet with her tomorrow to see how she feels for this Saturday. Be praying because we need it. Well actually she needs it and her name is Marcia Bol. Pray for her. Those 2 kids Jefferson and Edson that came to church last Sunday also went yesterday. Their parents still haven’t been able to go to church because they are both really sick. We are hoping to put a couple fechas with those boys so they can get baptized.  I’m dying to teach them though. We are going to teach them tonight and we have planned to watch the video of the restauracion. I’m excited I love teaching. Overall this week was good. This next weekend is change weekend. I can’t believe that it has already been 6 weeks how could that be? That was one of the fastest changes of my mission. How crazy.  I don’t think that I will have a change though to be honest.  It would be weird if I had a change. I love the mission and the life lessons that I learn every day. Just remember we are not perfect but we should strive to be a little better each day. Repent sincerely and all your sins will be forgiven. I love the savior and I’m forever in debt to his sacrifice. Use his sacrifice in your lives please. He did his part now do yours. Love you all and have just a fantastic week.

Elder Call

don't send this to everyone... i just want you to see how great my mission pres is and this is what he wrote me after the zone meeting this week

Elder Call - thanks for your constant effort to improve the zone. Your example will mean so much. I appreciated your lesson in zone conference and your desire to get the missionaries pumped. They are quiet but hope you can spark them up with success in their work. 

Love you,

Pres. Curtiss




i dont know why this is in grey but this is me now but ya i love my pres soooooooooooo much he is just the best!

elder garcai and i he was my comp last change in salama and i absolutely love the guy haha

my 18 month celebration and my comps one year celebration.


my glasses of baptise and retain

No comments:

Post a Comment