Friday, May 16, 2014

Happy Mother's Day (week 69)


Happy mother’s day to the best mom in the entire world and I thank god every night in my prayers that I have you as my mom. You have always been there for me no matter what I have said or done.  You are the best mom in the world and I mean that but that doesn’t mean you should get cocky like you already are with your lemon squares haha. Love you mom sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.  I loved talking to you all yesterday you all sounded soo great and just so happy. I loved it. It may or may not have made me baggy thinking that is the last time I am going to talk to you guys until I get home…hombre que loco.  

Now as for my life right now I basically told you everything that is going on in my life yesterday. This past week was fantastic though because we had investigators in church. That is just the best. Sunday here in the mission can either be the best of worst day of the week. Yesterday for this week it was the best. We also found just a fantastic family yesterday as well. They are really receptive and ask lots of questions which is the best. I love it. When we were singing the first hymn the mother of the family cried. Her kids went to church with us in the morning and they loved it. The parents told us that they were just talking about how much they liked church all day. Ya at church is where they learned how to sing the hymns and they wanted to start off the lesson singing the hymn they learned in the church. It was called cuando hay amor. I don’t know what that is in English but ya we started singing it and the kids were singing it with my comp and I. The mom started to cry and it was the best.  Oh crying of happiness of course haha. Ya the lesson though was fantastic. The spirit was just sooo strong. The parents right now are not married so that’s a big problem but I am 100 percent sure that if they are feeling the spirit and do the things we tell them to do they will get married and baptized. As for the kids well  I am almost sure they are going to get baptized because when I told them that church is only 1 time a week  they were soo sad. They like church more than I do I think haha. Ya so that was the best lesson of the week. We are going to teach them again this Thursday.  I can’t wait to teach them again. We also had a conference this week with elder ochoa. He is a 70 and gave a talk in general conference the last year october.  We had that conference friday. It was great. The spirit was just sooo strong that entire conference and it was like 8 hours long. I learned a ton. Our mission president talked a lot about how we can increase our faith as well.  Studying the scriptures and putting them into action. I wish I had my notes with me right now so I could write what he said but it was fantastic. Elder ochoa talked a lot about repentance. He compared it to a splinter. When we have lots of sins it hurts like a splinter does. Now to take it out it will hurt even more but once it’s out you can fully heal.  That’s so much like repentance.  Just think though repentance isn’t a bad thing it’s a fantastic thing. Through repentance we can be happy and feel free of our burdens.  It’s the best. I have a strong testimony of repentance. Its real and when we really repent we can feel clean and pure. It’s the best feeling we can have when we have truly repented of our sins. I loved the conference and I love preaching repentance to the people here in guat and overall just a fantastic week. Thank you for everything you all do and I love you soo much.

Elder Call

me making tortillas

me with the dopest bus driver in the world

us with member who always leaves with us. check out his wonkie eyes though they are dope haha

No comments:

Post a Comment