Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Salama, Salama (week 54)

Family, it so great to hear that you are all doing well.  I love to hear about the family and to know that all is well. I literally cannot tell you guys how happy I am for you all to be able to do what you do. Just go walk around and explore. I love Berkeley Oakland San Fran and Alamo sooooooooooooooo much.  You guys do what I like to do most and that’s just the best.  I loved hearing about Ella’s talk and I’m so happy to hear how well it went. Ella is just the best and I’m not surprised that she killed it up there in front of everyone.

Well as for me this was a good week.  Like I told you guys last week, my comp and I were going to go to all the aldeas to work. The people here in the centro don´t really listen to us or go to church. This is a super old area and there have been missionaries here for years so we decided to change it up and work outside. We went to an aldea called San Juan that is just about 30 minutes from our house and another aldea que se llama tunel.  We had a lot of success in these 2 aldeas.  I’m sorry I don’t know what an aldea is in English or I would use that word. I think the best way to describe it is an outside town or like a town outside the city or something haha…freak just use google translate. Ya so working in these 2 aldeas was great. We had a ton of success and most of the people have never even seen Mormons or talked with them before. It was great. It was like Cubulco all over again. Ya so my comp and I could just feel being guided by the spirit and just talking with everyone. It was a lot of fun. People were actually interested in our message and expressed a desire to hear more so we will definitely be going out there in the future.  This last Thursday we went to the wedding at the municipio of salama for Christian and Oneyda to get married. That was just awesome watching them get married. I have been waiting for that moment for a long time. Saturday they got baptized along with Liuos and Reina here in Salama. They also asked me to baptize them so that was just the best. I love those families so much and it just made me so happy to see them get baptized.  Just such testimony builder and what gives me drive on the mission. These families just have no idea the decision they just made and all the blessing they are going to obtain segun their decision to follow the savior.  I just couldn’t be happier for them because I know how happy they are and going to be.  I mean thinking about all the blessings I have had in my life thanks to a Christ centered home and I just can’t wait for these people to experience the same. I don’t know what I would do without my family and I love you all soooooo much.  Those were definitely the highlights of this last week.  Well really some of the highlights in my mission.  Now my new companions name is Elder Garcia and he is from Peru.  He is super fun and is a stud missionary. I look forward to working with him. Something that I just think is absolutely fantastic are the buses down here. I know I probably tell you every week but it’s just soo funny. This week we had to go to Santa Barbara an area like 45 minutes from Salama to check out a house to see if they could move in there. Well the bus ride there was fine I guess if you don’t think having a 400 pound kechi women sitting on your lap. Ya that happened and trust me I was even more shocked when she sat down then the amount of shocked you are right now hahaha. Weird as heck and only in Guat. On the way back I had to stand up in a little bus because there was nowhere to sit and I wasn’t about to sit on another person’s lap so I stood up like a hunch back and just about blew out my back on that 45 minute ride. So fun… well fun afterwards to think about it haha. Guat is just the best and I love the people here so much I just love it. Like I miss you all fam and friends but I’m not liking how fast the time is going. I mean I almost have 15 months… how could that be? I want the time to go by slower and I’m serious. Church is true. Read the scriptures and pray always. Love you all and have a good week. 

Oh and the marriages here are just the absolute funniest hahaha. When they are doing like the “I do” thing I was just dying laughing.  I mean you would think when the guy is saying like the vows and stuff they would look into each other’s eyes and stuff and just be like in love but here it’s like they just don’t even want to look at each other. They are like embarrassed and then when they say you can kiss the bride they hug hahahahha. It’s sooooooooooo funny!!!! I’m just dying laughing thinking about it hahahahhahah. Sooo funny I can’t wait to describe it to you all in person haha. That’s how it has been at every wedding in my mission thus far as well… not just them haha


Christian and Onyda getting married





a bunch of cock fighting roosters... hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment