Saturday, April 19, 2014

I Got A Change (Week 65)


Hey I loved your letters this last week. I know that I say that at the beginning of every letter every week but I really do love your letters!!  haha. I loved the pics of the beach that is the best. I know I say this just about every week as well but I just absolutely love where you all live like it is just one of the most beautiful places in the world. Oh quick random question is there a lot of garbage in the streets where we live or no? Oh and are there a lot of stray dogs I just can’t remember haha. Ya so I hope that you all have a great week and remember the importance of this week as well.

Ok so as you can tell by the title yes I got a change. President called me Sunday in the afternoon telling me that I am going to be going to the zone of Alta Verapaz.  We are going to be reopening the area meaning that my comp and I are going to both be new in that zone.  Kinda crazy but I’m super excited for the challenge. It’s going to be a little tough though I think because I don’t know Coban at all haha. The best news though is that my comp is going to be my best friend in the mission. I think that I have talked to you guys about him before. His name is Elder Brito he is from Bolivia. I have sent pictures of him home before. We were together in the branch of Rabinal together. I was in Cubulco and he was in Rabinal. When the president told me he was going to be my comp I just about screamed when I was on the phone with him haha.  I did scream but it was after I had ended talking with him haha. I’m soooo excited.  I’m super excited. That’s one side of course there is the other side as well. I’m sad because I love Salama. I love the people here sooooooo much. Like it’s the best and saying bye to everyone was the worst and I really hate it. Like it’s the absolute worst.  I just cannot believe that I have been here in Salama for 5 months. That was the fastest 5 months of my entire life.  I just cannot believe that I was here in Baja Verapaz for the same amount of time that I was in Peten. Just think remember when I opened Cubulco well in that amount of time until now it’s been 5 changes ago… think about how fast that was. Now to think that I will be home in 5 changes that scares the freakin heck out of me…like how could that be possible? I don’t want to go home. Not even a little bit haha. Well just to see you guys then I want to come back and be a missionary again. I was just thinking the other day about it. We went to some missionaries’ area to do a baptism interview and I was just talking to the mom of the girl afterwards just cracking jokes and talking to her. I was just thinking how much I love the people here and I cried a little bit. haha It was horrible but it’s true because I love the people here so much. Ya but saying bye to the people here in Salama was hard. I just did not like saying bye to my convert here as well. I love her and she is doing great and that just makes me so happy.  Saying goodbye to peter and the patajos is going to be the worst. I’m going to do that tonight though I haven’t had to do it yet. I feel sad about leaving this area and all of the investigators I have. Man it’s just the worse especially when the people cry.  I’m super sad but at the same time happy to have something new.  Another thing that I cannot believe is that peter is going to leave on his mission. He is getting ready to go to the temple. Peter is soooo pilas and I love him sooooo much. I cannot believe that he is going to be a missionary in 15 days that is just nuts.  So as far as our area this week was good. We were able to put together 3 fechas this last week with Haiti, Sucy and her aunt Maria. They still have a long way to go to be baptized but at least they are preparing and are willing to have the fecha.  That was the best thing that happened this week. Also the new senior missionaries came down here on Friday and wanted to get to know the area and all the leaders here because president has assigned them to this district because it just never grows. That’s a long story but ya it was fun to go around with them all day in their car showing them the areas of the zone and the leaders of the district. They have just fantastic advice and I can’t wait to see them and put it in action with the leaders here in Baja Verapaz.  Oh man I forgot to say how sad I am to leave my comp. I don’t think that I have talked about him a lot in my letters but he is just the best and he is turned into one of my best friends in the mission. I love the guy we stay up sometimes until like 1 talking about random things. He is the best and I’m soo grateful that I had the chance to be with him. He is hilarious and I just love the guy. Ya so I think that’s all I have time for to say for this week. If I could put everything I want to put in this letter it would be the size of harry potter. Sorry it’s horribly written with a mix of Spanish and English words and a mix of Spanish English grammar. I just don’t have time to make it organized and pretty but I hope you get the point haha. Well that’s all I have time for this week. Love you guys and have a good week! 

Love,
Elder Call

Pic of me with my new comp by the way



No comments:

Post a Comment