Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving in guat (week 46)

Wow guys your thanksgiving sounded sooo good. It put me soo baggy. You guys did exactly what I love to do. Beach and san fran and eat haha. I’m trying to think if there is anything better… hmmm no.  Like mom and dad I know you guys know how good that is but I wonder if ella and ben do because I think those kids have no idea haha. I’m glad to hear that you guys had a great thanksgiving.

Alright so this thanksgiving was cool too. I can’t believe that it was a year ago when I heard elder holland talk to us in the mtc.  Man time flies. So we had to come down here to Salama from Cubulco on Thursday because we needed to sleep at the zls house. We had a missionary conference con president amado in Coban and so we needed to leave super early. So ya we had thanksgiving dinner at the house of a members house here in Salama. She knows the states and how thanksgiving is so we had turkey potatoes and well pizza for an appetizer. It was good I mean for guat. Let me tell you guys that nobody has better food at thanksgiving then us.  It was fun though eating some somewhat American food.  It was a lot of fun being with the other missionaries and being baggy together haha.  It was a fun night. The next day we had the president amado conference. That was great and I love being in the presence of general authorities.  You can always feel the spirit soo much and I learned so much and I can’t wait to apply it to my life and in my area of Cubulco.  The best thing that happened this week though was yesterday we had a lesson with one of our investigators. She always wanted to get baptized but hasn’t been able to because her dad wouldn’t give her permission. Well we fasted and well her dad gave her permission it was great. It was a complete miracle. Ya so she is going to be getting baptized this weekend hopefully unless some freak thing happens.  Also her parents want to listen to us and want to go to church so hopefully we can get them in the water soon also haha.  Man like I said last week. I have seen so many miracles in my area. We haven’t had baptisms yet but I have found and taught 8 people.  Like I told you they want to get baptized but can’t right now. So I planted the seeds and they are going to get baptized in the future.  We also found a member named Basilio Alverez and I think I told you about him.  Well ya he wants us to teach his family now so we should have a bunch more investigators. Man overall the mission is the best. I did miss thanksgiving with the fam but I’m perfectly happy here in guat. Love you all and have an awesome week and remember to choose the right.  This life is sooo short compared to the eternity.
Elder Call


thanksgiving dinner 



and the first vision but elder call style

No comments:

Post a Comment