Monday, December 23, 2013

Salama Salama (week 48)

Hey guys I loved your letters this week as always and little Charlie just sounds like the absolute funniest. I can’t wait to talk to that kid next week haha. He is just the best.  Man mom and dad your dates just sound like the best man and that is just what I loved to do was go to cheeseboard and just explore and enjoy life in san fran and berkely.  It’s the best.

Ok so I’m here in Salama Baja Verapaz. The area is a good area.  We don’t have a ton of investigators right now and that more than anything is the biggest issue. This next week we are really going to focus on that. This area is way different than all the other areas I have had in my entire mission. I am actually in a downtown type of setting. I’m in a little city which is different than all of my other areas. San Jose is a little pueblo and same with Cubulco and San Cristobal. So that is the biggest difference. The branch has over 100 attending which is the first time I have had that since San Andres in Peten so we at least have some support in our area. We have members that leave with us as well and that is something I haven’t had in 6 months haha.  It’s funny because even though I have a bigger branch and members in my area I still have the same problem of finding and teaching investigators that want to progress.  I like this area though.  I think the best part is this house of youth there is in my area. The missionaries baptized like this entire youth house for orphans here in Salama. Those kids are sooo funny! We go there like every night to eat. They are nuts and soo funny they are soo much fun.   It makes me think of when I was like 16 years and in priests haha such good times.  Alright now my comp… well where to start with elder bonilla. Well he is from mexico like 45 mins outside of DF.  Well let me some it up by saying that he is the man.  He is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny. I’m literally laughing at every little thing that he says. I don’t know why but he is soo funny it’s just the best.  I love they guy to death. I think that he has like 19 months in the mission. He went up to zl 3 months ago. He is a convert to the church and was baptized when he was 14.  The work with him is awesome. He has a ton of experience teaching and I am learning a lot with him and bettering my teaching every day.  Ya so I couldn’t be enjoying my time with him anymore. I like my new assignment a lot. It’s a lot of responsibility but I like that. It keeps me on my toes and I think it just prepares me for work and school when I get home. We are always putting together goals for the zone and we talk with the assistants and president about them and about what things we can improve on. It’s fun having that kind of a connection with the pres. I can tell him what I think and give him my opinion and he actually takes it into consideration. Let me just say that I couldn’t be any more happy with my pres.  I don’t think I have said that in a while but he is just the best. He is a convert to the church and he just has such a strong spirit with him. You can just tell that everything that he says is inspired. When he talks to you you can just tell that he loves you and wants the best for me and for all the other missionaries. I’m confident that I have the best mission pres in the world. Pres. Watts was great too but there is just something about Curtiss that I just love. I think it is the fact that he can laugh. That to me is just something that is soo important. Like you can be serious and spiritual but still be able to have fun and laugh and he just has the best sense of humor.  Hermana Curtiss is great as well. When she is talking you can just feel how much she loves us and how she just wants what’s best for us. I am so blessed to have just the best leaders and president in the world. I love the mission. I love my comp. Salama and my president and just life in general.  Love you all family and don’t forget to pray and read your scriptures.  Look for opportunities to share this gospel because every needs it. Pray for opportunities to talk to people about the church. Pray for strength to know what to say when the time comes. Love you all family and have a good week!

my comp the tall one and one of the assistants my old zl his name is elder trujillo

just a member killing the pig for christmas
(I hate this one and didn't want to add it but since Nick sent it home I did...)

some of the petojos and i in that youth house

No comments:

Post a Comment