Thursday, December 12, 2013

I have a change ( week 47)

Hey team loved your letters this week and I love the Christmas season.  Even though to be completely honest with you all it couldn’t feel any more not like Christmas.  Man it’s really not a winter wonderland at all… I’m sweating as we speak…haha  

Ya team so as you can tell I have a change in the mission. I’m going to be a zone leader in Salama which is in Baja Verapaz.  Let me tell you how I feel… pumped and sad.  I’m sad because I am now leaving Cubulco after only 3 months and I’m leaving that place with 7 fechas that are all pretty fijo and are going to get baptized.  That’s just great because although I am not going to be there when they get baptized I’m going to get credit in heaven for finding and teaching them…haha.  I’m sad about that and because this area of Cubulco is more ready to hear the gospel than any other area I have been in thus far in my mission. It was the best opening up this area to missionaries for the first time.  That was soo fun talking and contacting people that have never seen us before.  It was the best. I’m soo sad to be leaving that area. I worked so hard there and I’m not going to be there to see the blessings…haha  Well that’s just the way the mission works though so it’s all good.  The other hard part about leaving Cubulco is the fact that I am going to have to say goodbye to Basilio Alverez that inactive member we found. Ya he is going to be a leader in the church... I know it.  He is sooo pilas and I love him so much.  Also saying goodbye to Hermana Maria was tough too.  It’s hard having so much love for these people then out of nowhere having to say goodbye.  I just love those people so much.  Ok now about my change to Salama.  I’m pumped to have the responsibility of my zone and its going be so fun.  I am also excited to have a more personal relationship with the president because I am going to have to talk to him like every day. Oh, and to have a good rama here in Salama will be great.  Ya so those are the changes.  I’m pumped and sad but I guess that is how it always is.  Now for the last week in Cubulco and it was awesome. We had a baptism which is just the best and only the second one in Cubulco but it was awesome.  Her name is Joslyn and she is 10. She has gone to church a ton because her mom’s friend is Mormon and always brought her to church. Yea so I baptized her and her parents pretty much wanted nothing to do with us. That was until they came to her baptism. They felt the spirit at the baptism of their daughter so strong I know it. The next visit we had with them they had changed completely and said they are going to get married on Wednesday so they can get baptized asap.  That’s the best and a great testimony builder. They went from not wanting anything to do with the church to now wanting to get baptized all from feeling the spirit.  There are so many little miracles happening in Cubulco it’s crazy.  I wish I could tell you all of them but I really can’t. Family and friends the church is true.  I know that without a doubt.  Today is the day of your repentance so don’t procrastinate it.  I could not be happier as a missionary of the lord.  I look forward to helping the people of Salama come unto Christ.  Love you all and have a good week!
Elder Call




hermano robeto and i and the the tie he gave me remember this tie story


my comp and I on a bus

basilio alverez and i that less active i found and brought back to the church in cubulco

basilio and the fam of hermana maria we all got together last night to watch the christmas devotional at the house of hermano basilio. he invited all these people to his house to watch it and made dinner for us he is the man

my zone with me focusing on keeping a little toy bird i won in pictionary today haha

my district and I was in charge of for like 12 weeks

this is a great pic. there was just some guy walking on the street with a bunch of goats and i couldn't figure out what he was doing until i went up close and realized that he was selling the milk of the goats fresh literately squeezing it out of the utter into a cup and selling it to people. i didn't try it because i was scared i was going to get a disease but i wanted to. that just something you don't see in the states


josylin and her parents

the branch of rabinal supporting the baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment