Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Family (week 72)

I loved the letters this week. I remember going to the USS hornet like yesterday. I remember they gave me my little sailor hat. I don’t have a doubt that that is in the garbage by now but it was in the guest room closet the last time I remember seeing those hats haha. Sounds like you all are doing well which makes me happy. It’s interesting what you said mom about our health. We are so healthy. I don’t get it… knock on wood but we have never had any serious health problems and that is something I have recently been putting in my prayers. I think most of the time we take that for granted.  It’s great being healthy haha.

As for this week it was more tranquilo than the week last but it was a good week. We had a baptism as well on Saturday which is always the best. It was a little 9 year old girl named Ingred.  She is the daughter of less active members. She is just a great little girl and the smile on her face after her baptism is always rewarding.  I think the highlight of this week besides the baptism was a visit we had with Marcia and her mom Caroina. We watched the joseph smith video and the spirit was just soo strong. I cried like 3 times haha. It really was the greatest and Marcia is one of my most pilas converts. One of their friends was at the house as well when we were teaching.  She asked us about tithing. I was like oh Marcia could you explain to us what tithing is? She explained it perfectly to her friend like better then I could have haha. Later after her friend had left we started bugging her telling her that she could be a missionary and that she teaches great.  Things got really quite and she started crying and told us that when she got baptized she promised God that she would serve a mission. She said she hadn’t told that to anybody until that moment. Not even her mom knew. It was soo great and the spirit was so strong.  It was just awesome hearing that from my convert. She said that she wants to do what we do. Teach other people about Christ and change lives. It made me feel so good about the work my companion and I have done with her. To see how she was 7 weeks ago to seeing a completely changed and truly happy person. I can always tell if people are members... I don’t know why. I think it’s because members of the church are generally happier and not in a worldly happy but a happiness that comes only from choosing the right and keeping the commandments. Marcia has that light in her eyes now as well as her mom. I don’t know if I told you but her mom was baptized like 30 years ago but hadn’t been to church until like 7 weeks ago with us. Now they are both active and powerful members in the church.  They also have just put the goal to go to the temple in 2 weeks with the ward. They are so pilas and I just love them so much. Now as far as Jefferson and Edson go. I don’t know what ended up happening to the mom but she didn’t go the capital and she said it is because they lost her test results or something so she has to wait for more time. The aunt of Jefferson and Edson is staying with them in their house as well and we are teaching her now. She lives in Livingston but she will be here for another week. We watched the restauracion with her and her nephews and again the spirit was just so strong. She ended up going to church with Jefferson and Edson and she loved it and she just couldn’t get over it. She said it was one of the best experiences of her life. It was awesome. She might not get baptized here but she will in Livingston.  Also Carlos Valasquez and his family came to church as well. Carlos is that super pilas guy I found like a month ago.  I still feel like I have met him before but I just don’t know where. Ya but they came to church. They also say that they liked it lot. The problem with them though is visiting them. He is always working so we don’t ever get to visit him. We are really trying hard and praying to be able to teach him and his family more. I’m just happy they came to church but now we need to get them in the water. Missionary work is the best. It really is. I wouldn’t trade this time for the world and I get really sad when I think how fast it is coming to an end.  I love the church and what it does for people. I love my Savior and his sacrifice for each and every one of us. We can have that light in our eyes. We just need to repent and keep the commandments.  The book of Mormon is so powerful and I have seen it change the lives of my investigators. escudrinarlo every day. I don’t know how to say that in English so dad just translate it haha. I love you all so much and pray for you every day. Have a great week!!

Elder call

my comp and i with 2 members in our area drinking atol shuco. atol is like a corn drink and chuco means dirty. ya so i was a little scared to drink it because it means dirty corn drink haha. it was good though and i didn't get sick


my mtc comp and i
 

No comments:

Post a Comment