Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I have a change (week 35)

Hey guys, I loved getting your letters as always. Thai food is the freakin best! I’m not going to lie, i love it soooo much haha. It’s so great that the fam is having fun. The beach, wow, that’s awesome. Newport Beach is good but seriously it’s really, really, really, hard to beat Alamo. As far as what I eat everyday that just depends. For breakfast I usually eat oatmeal and an apple or 2 eggs, yogurt, and an apple depending if I ran or went to the gym. For lunch I eat rice, beans, eggs, pasta with mayo, salad without dressing, bread, and tortillas and that about sums it up. Let me just say I hate the person that invented mayo because the people here put it on everything haha…it’s nasty unless it’s with ketchup because then its like fry sauce and that’s delicious haha. The food is good, not great, but good. My favorite thing to eat is black beans, not refried or anything, just black beans, tortillas and eggs. Let me tell you, it just doesn’t get any better then that haha. Like I said, the food here is just kinda good but I’m used to it now. Gringo food is just sooo expensive here. Oh, and I really don’t eat dinner because there just isn’t time when we get back to the house. It’s like…I can eat or just go to bed in an hour and be hungry so I just don’t eat dinner.
As far as changes go I’m getting a change. Man, I was not expecting it because I’ve only been in this area for 1 change. They called us Saturday and told us about the changes and where I am going, who my comp is going to be, and stuff like that. It’s way better when we don’t have to wait until conference to hear about changes and everything. So I got a change to a place called Cobulco in Baja Verapaz. I’m opening up the area, training a Latino from Nicaragua and will be the DL. Man, I’m nervous as heck about so much work haha. I’m really excited though to be a leader. I feel like being the District leader will be a blast and I’m so happy for the opportunity to lead other missionaries. As far as opening up an area I’m a little nervous. There have never been missionaries there so I am truly opening up the area. There was a branch in the area at one time but it got closed so the members had to travel to Rabinal to go to church. It’s like 40 minutes away so everyone just stopped going to church. The AP’s said that my goal is to reactivate the less activos and open up the branch there again so we can expand the church. I’m super excited to do that even though I know its going to be a ttttooooon of work but I’m so ready for it. I’m also going to have a kid in the mission so I need to be a good father so my kid doesn’t turn out to be a terrible missionary. I’m pumped to train and to show this kid how it is to be a missionary. So that’s my change and I leave tomorrow for my new area. Now about San Cristobal...I am so sad to be leaving after only 1 change. It’s going to be sad leaving the members and stuff in this area but they can’t even remember my name so I probably won’t be missed much haha. I’ve been her for just 6 weeks. I’ll tell you what though; I am going to really miss hermanita. She’s our landlord and we basically live in her house. She loves the missionaries and I love her soooooo much. She won’t get baptized and nobody knows exactly why even though she knows the church is true and everything. I think it’s because she is freakin Catholic and can’t let go of the tradition of being Catholic. She’s the classic I was born Catholic and am going to die Catholic. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that and it bugs the heck out of me. Let go of the wicked traditions of your fathers just like the prophets preached in the Book of Mormon…haha Who knows if that’s why but that’s the conclusion I have come to on why she won’t get baptized even though she knows the church is true. I love that woman though she is the best. Hermanita is like famous in the mission because she is soooo nice to the missionaries. I love her and can’t wait to visit her after my mission when I come back. As far as our investigators go, there isn’t really anyone progressing right now so I’m not too sad about leaving our investigators. But there are a couple of members that I am going to miss. The members are just so nice to the missionaries. I love the people here in this area and I am grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to be here. Yup, that’s the weekly update. Pray for me, my area, my comp, and my district. Love you all and have a good week!
elder call


No comments:

Post a Comment